Play-In Round 1 - October 2nd - 5th (Berlin)
-Twelve teams are divided into four groups where they play a Double Round Robin format.
-All matches are played in a Bo1.
-Top two teams in each group advance to Play-In: Round 2.
-Bottom team in each group is eliminated.
Play-In Round 2 - October 7th - 8th (Berlin)
-First-place teams from each group are randomly paired with second-place teams from another group for a Bo5.
-The winner of each match advances to the Group Stage.
Group Stage - October 12th-15th & 17th-20th (Berlin)
- Four teams from Play-In Round 2 join twelve teams with direct entry from Korea, China, Europe, Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau, North America and Vietnam.
- All sixteen teams are divided into four groups where they play a Double Round Robin format.
- All matches are played in a Bo1.
- Top two teams in each group advance to Knockout Stage.
- Bottom two teams in each group are eliminated.
Knockout Stage - October 25th-27th & November 2nd-3rd (Madrid) November 10th (Paris)
-Eight teams play in a single-elimination bracket over five matchdays.
-All matches are Bo5.
For more information, check out the Worlds Liquipedia page!
Worlds Play In and Group Draw
Sunday, Sep 23 2:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00)
#1: SK Telecom T1
#3: DAMWON Gaming (Play-ins)
#1: FunPlus Phoenix
#2: Royal Never Give Up
#3: Invictus Gaming
#1: G2 Esports
#3: Splyce (Play-ins)
LCS (North America):
#1: Team Liquid
#2: Cloud 9
#3: Clutch Gaming (Play-ins)
#1: J Team
#2: AHQ e-Sports Club
#3: Hong Kong Attitude (Play-ins)
#1: GIGABYTE Marines
#2: Lowkey Esports (Play-ins)
Unicorns of Love (Play-ins)
Royal Youth (Play-ins)
LST (South East Asia):
MEGA Esports (Play-ins)
LLA (Latin America)
Isurus Gaming (Play-ins)
Flamengo eSports (Play-ins)
DetonatioN FocusMe (Play-ins)