After seeing the admin's effort to MLGA (Make Liquid Great Again), I thought I would chip in my own two cents and start a blog where I discuss somewhat interesting topics related to League. I decided against applying for a writer position because I honestly don't want to commit to something I can't keep, and honestly I don't think I have the time to pump out quality content on a regular basis, let alone be sure if I can even live up to the expectations, because I've never actually written any strategy articles. So I've decided to merely start a small blog, which you are reading right now.
A bit about myself:
- I've been playing since early-mid S2, so I would consider myself quite a veteran in comparison to most other players. Outside of maybe S1 Championship, I've watched pretty much every major tournament, although I wouldn't dare say I remember half of them that well.
- Coming from a SC2 background where I was a noob who did nothing but split marines all day in the hopes that mechanical skill would overcome my lack of game awareness, I naturally immediately started playing ADC, and I still main it to this day. So whenever I talk about the game, keep in mind it's from the viewpoint of a whiny
ADCmarksman main who likes to blame his jungler for not ganking enough.
- I have always liked to theory-craft and think about the game, but I have never tried to put it into writing. As I find myself playing less and less and watching more and more streams in the background while I study, I've realized that I might as well as spend a bit of time now and then writing about the game.
The biggest reason I decided against applying for a writer position is because this blog is going to be a bit informal. I'm not going to research topics in depth, sifting through old videos and writing robust arguments. A lot of what I will say is going to be opinion based. It might also be flat out wrong about some things. Point is, I want this to be a discussion blog, and not a great read. It might work out, it might not, I'll have to wait and see.
And without further ado, here is a list of some topics I've thought of for my next entry, if anyone has any other ideas I will gladly consider them.
- Is League more balanced than it was in the past?
- Hilariously broken times in the meta
- Why you should watch LPL
- Playstyles of famous ADC through the ages
- Mechanics vs Intelligence: What carries in the bot lane
- Tip of the Knife: How small balance changes shift the bot lane meta
- Streams worth watching (and YouTube channels)