+ Show Spoiler [Introduction] +
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking. If the mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win. The town's goal is to lynch all the members of the mafia.
The game is typically very active, so the thread may grow large quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game. If you do not have the time or patience to read the whole thread, do not play.
This game will include flavor that is added for fun and effect, but has no impact on game mechanics. The standard rule set for newbie games will be used and follows below.
+ Show Spoiler [Ruleset] +
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like hand out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
5. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
6. Betting items outside of the game in exchange for in-game benefits.
7. Sharing accounts with other players. Only you may post on your account.
8. Posting the link to any QT's you have.
9. Night actions must be communicated in the respective OP or sent by PM to me and my cohosts.
10. Anything remotely related to your or anyone else's role PM. Do not talk about it.
11. Any communication outside of the game thread or the given QTs is considered cheating and will be punished severely. Using encryption/codes in any form counts as out of game communication.
12. Actions that are potentially against the spirit of the game (e.g. trying to modconfirm yourself or others) but are not explicitely prohibited must be sent to the host via PM
If you feel that any action you are considering may be against the spirit of the game, it is best to contact a host and ensure it is allowed before proceeding.
The color blue is reserved for the hosts of the game to make our posts easy to notice. Please do not use it.
The color green is reserved for questions by players for the hosts. Use it to ask the game hosts questions about the rules. Please do us a favor and read the rules before you ask anything. You are only allowed to ask questions in thread pre-game. You have to ask them via PM during the game.
Smurfs must PM the host because TL doesn't allow multiple accounts otherwise. If the host is unaware of smurfs, you (and/or your smurf) can be banned for having multiple accounts
Spam is not tolerated, nor is any off-topic material. Do not discuss Proleague here. Do not talk about Starcraft II here. Play Mafia here.
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled. This is the one part of the site where it is okay to be double posting, even triple-posting. "Editing" includes indirect editing like linking an image, then editing the image. Editing your profile or signature are allowed, but if you edit them for any game-related reasons (ie, breadcrumbing, sending messages, etc) this will be considered out-of-thread posting and will be punished.
Inappropriate posts and use of the report post link:
If you want to post something insulting or inappropriate and know the TL mods would have a problem with it elsewhere, don't post it here. If you do, a host will warn you or modkill you and request that you be banned from future games. The hosts have the final say on what is inappropriate. If you do not like how someone is talking to you, please PM a host, Flamewheel, or Mig before involving the TL moderation staff or using the report post link. If you are unsatisfied with how the situation is resolved, then you can appeal to the TL staff normally.
Please wait until this game is over to talk about modkills and bans resulting from this game.
Play to win.
This means you play your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.
This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason without a ban. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM your host if you need to leave the game.
Out of thread communication:
It is common for mafia to use a medium outside of TL such as QuickTopics or IRC to communicate during the game. Players who have not explicitly been given permission to communicate outside the thread are not allowed to attempt to infiltrate such communication channels. Players who are not mafia are not allowed to communicate about this game outside of the thread.
1. Voting is done by posting in the voting thread.
2. Please vote in the following format: ##vote: beentheredonethat. Votes must be in bold, and votes not written in the correct fashion will not be counted. I will tolerate missspelled names but don't be lazy.
3. No conditional voting.
4. You may vote only for other living players in the thread. You may not vote for yourself.
5. This game starts with plurality voting, so whoever has the most votes at the end of the day is lynched. There is no minimum number of votes required to lynch someone.
6. The person who is up for the lynch is whoever has the most votes. If there is a tie for most votes, whoever most recently had more votes than the other is the person who is up for the lynch.
7. Voting is mandatory. You may NOT abstain.
This game follows the TL Mafia Ban List. If you are modkilled, your punishment will go beyond being eliminated from this game. Please refer to it for questions about your punishment. You can use this game to /sitout a ban.
This game uses replacements. I will try to find replacements until the end of day 2.
There are no clues at the start of the game and will not be so unless change by the hosting staff (see mech.).
PMs and out of thread communication are not allowed at the start of this game, and will not be so unless change by the hosting staff (see mech.)
You are expected to keep up with the thread and participate in discussion daily.
If for some reason you anticipate that you will not be available for a period longer than 24 hours, please notify a host ahead of time. If the host deems a player is inactive, they may be warned or removed from the game.
I will look for 3 posts per cycle. Send me a PM if you have real life issues pending.
This game will start as 48 hour day/24 hour night cycle. Any votes after the deadline will not count and the game will be put on hold until the night post is up. The deadline for each cycle will be 21:00 GMT (+00:00) . See setup post for more information on that.
Please make sure you have read the rules and understand them.
- I am a pretty lenient host when it comes to behavior. I understand using quote on quote rude behavior as part of a scum or town strategy. But I will warn/modkill any person who obviously goes over the line (for ex. calling a player "cunt" out of the blue).
- Any person caught cheating or performing purposeful exploits that damage the nature of the game will be modkilled imminently, and referred to the Ban list.
- If deadline is reached, and "Please wait" post is posted. Please remain quiet.
- All Questions must be PMed to hosts after game start.
- Deadline will be 00:00 GMT (+00:00)
- Starts as 48h/24h day and night cycles (respectfully)
Everyone is eligible to play who is not currently banned and who is not on my personal blacklist. I might decline /ins based on personal choice. This is a Bastard game, meaning the game might not/is not suppose to be balance. The game play will be enjoyable, but not necessary balanced.
Signup for the game by posting /in in the thread. It may take several weeks for the game to fill up so you are responsible for being aware when the game begins. I will send PMs asking to confirm (/confirm) when the game is filled.
Player list: Game A
3.Superbia Found Dead, N1, Janitor!"
12. Mi'lord Chezinu (shadowed by kholly)
Player list: Game B
1. Time Traveler
+ Show Spoiler [Observers, Replacements, Sitouts] +
1. NeverLucky Either
2. Half the amount of people raging at the new dota update